Brian Okken from the popular “Test & Code” and “Python Bytes” podcasts joins us as guest-host to talk through software and testing models. We get into our differing perspectives and experiences on TDD, Test Automation, and Mike Cohn’s Testing Pyramid. Scroll down to listen now!
Here are a couple links to our conversations about models on twitter that lead to this conversation on the podcast, click into them to see the whole conversation…
.@dpaulmerrill How do your views differ?
— Brian Okken (@brianokken) December 14, 2016
@brianokken I’d love to learn more about your dislike of GoF book. What about it created a distaste for you? Interested in learning more.
— Paul Merrill (@dpaulmerrill) January 5, 2017
- Mike Cohen’s Testing Pyramid originated in his book: Succeeding with Agile: Software Development Using Scrum
- Mike’s updated thoughts and clarifications of the Testing Pyramid circa 2009.
- More info on Mockist vs Classicists Approaches
- Subcutaneous Testing
- Info on Haiku and iambic pentameter
- The Dreyfus model of skill acquisition.
- Brian’s Test & Code podcast and podcast twitter handle here.
- Brian’s Python Bytes podcast
- Follow Brian on twitter.
- Also, if you give me silly headshots, I will use them…